Yes, there was an urgent need to write this article for me, and for most of the people. In a recent report by a scientist in South Carolina, 78 % of the successful people in America wake up before 7:30 AM. In the early-April, I somehow started running out of time and ended up getting late at almost every place. There was a high-time to maintain a schedule and be more of a morning person in life.
1. Taking most out of your smartphone.
Smartphones are a boon to mankind, and making most out of them is our right. I went on a search for finding the Apps that most of the people use, other than the normal alarm app that comes by default in the phone, to wake up early. After reading plentiful of comments and reviews, here are the best of them.
- Alarm Clock Xtreme : This is more than a simple alarm clock; it’s highly customizable and allows you to wake up in a way that works for you.
- SpinMe Alarm / iOS version : Are you the type of person to set multiple alarms a few minutes apart from each other just to make sure you wake up on time? If so, say hello to your new alarm clock. The only way to turn off the alarm is by getting out of bed and physically spinning yourself around until the alarm stops! There is no escape!
- Wakie / iOS version : Wakie is a fun, friendly community of people who wake each other up in the morning. When you use Wakie, you get to start your day with a smile instead of a frown!
- Alarmy : To turn it off, you have to go to the pictured place and take a photo.
- I Can’t Wake Up! : With this alarm clock you sure will get up on time, thanks to up to eight different Wake Up Tasks which won’t let you turn the alarm off until you finish them!
Alternate Method (Bonus)
Now there is another method, of which you won’t believe in a single go. This method can be used to wake up at any hour you desire, not just wake up early.
Before going to sleep, instruct your Subconscious mind to wake you up at any XYZ time…and it will do so…effortlessly. Let me show you how.
Think of your Subconscious Mind as your very own “Autopilot” i.e. it takes control over the steering wheel of your brain when you stop driving i.e. start sleeping.
When you go to sleep your Subconscious mind stays awake and kick-starts into heavy action. This is the perfect time for it to go through all the happenings of the day. It will sort through all the ideas and thoughts you have had, all the experiences, gut feelings and intuitions that have gone through your mind. It will then sort through all of these pieces of emotion and information and makes some sense of it all .
Now that you understand that even when you are sleeping, there is a part of you that is “awake” and fully functional.
So if you can somehow communicate and instruct that “Awake part” in a manner like “Hey listen up ! I have got a big day tomorrow, so I need you to wake me up at 6:30 am sharp”. Then the “Awake part” will make a note in its to-do list after checking with your “internal body-clock” and will reply back “It’s 12:30 am now , which means I need to wake you up in 6 hours. Okay ! Got it”. And then you proceed to go to sleep.
How to get up early by this method?
When you are lying in your bed, in the few minutes before you fall asleep, you program directly into your Subconscious Mind : “I am waking up at 6:30 AM” by closing your eyes and repeating the above line 3-4 times in your mind and not thinking about anything else while doing so. There will be no magic sirens or confirmation of receipt of information you just fed directly into the depths of your mind, and so , you just fall asleep.
Chances are, you might wake up at 6:28 am, with your subconscious not only honoring your intention but also giving you a bonus of 2 mins to get out the bed and jump-start your day.
Ps. The above text has been inspired by an answer on Quora. If you’ve got some other methods, drop them in the comment box below. 😀