The task of enlisting the top 10 “The Beatles” songs is like taking a child to a candy factory and telling him to pick up just a handful of his favorite chocolates. How does one decide? After all, it is the King Of Classic Rock we are talking about. Undoubtedly the generator of the “Beatlemania”, this has been the most influential band of all times. And if you are not a Beatlemaniac yet, you have certainly missed something in life. So if you are still confused on what to fix up in your list of the Beatle-madness, let us help you. Here is a list of the top 10 Beatle songs that you should definitely have in your playlist.
1. I Feel Fine : Let’s start with the one that started it all . This song was the harbinger of the whole repetitive guitar riff and the way band members influenced the song in the studio brought alive the actual creativity of their genius.
2. Norwegian Wood : This is the second choice in our list of the top 10 for the sole simplicity of it. The deep lyrics about an extramarital affair as well as the subtle infusion of eastern music were certainly the spice that will work even with today’s generation.
3. From Me To You : The one you can not skip. The song was a number 1 on the US charts for 7 weeks and John and Paul’s shared vocals make this rendition a treat for the ears.
4. Hey Jude : Personally I feel that this is one of the most feel good songs of the band which tends to every sad soul and comfort the hurt through generations.
5. Eleanor Rigby : this is the complete opposite of the song mentioned afore but that does not make it any less beautiful. The tale of a lonely man soul-fully told in the voices of Lennon and George Harrison as they join the lead of McCartney .
6. Let It Be : It is a composition that was a reflection of the Beatle’s spirit. The band had run into troubled waters by this time but their will to influence their fans did not diminish and hence came this little piece.
7. Yesterday : If there is a song with more than 2200 cover versions to it, you know it must be that good. The broody song about the end of a relationship is certainly one to get to your ears and travel to the heart.
8. I Want To Hold Your Hand : Here is one of those songs that were played randomly by a radio station but the sheer beauty of the song spread and it didn’t take long to reach the top of the charts.
9. Strawberry Fields Forever : This is what can transform you to any place you want. While it is said to be one of those songs where the band-members are talking about their experience with fame, it is certainly a relatable song if you have ever had to deal with situations beyond your par.
10. In My Life : Every body in the memory town should aboard this feel train. This Lennon masterpiece is a recollection of all the people and places he loved and cherished and even though penned by a 25 yr old star, these feel like the words of an old soul.
What’s your favorite & What’s not? Tell us in the comments box below.